Friday, January 27, 2012

A Human Voice!

Breakthrough tonight!!!  I am so excited!  I heard human.  My 11 year old nephew came over and he is a pretty quiet kid.  I really have not heard him well in years.  Tonight, when he spoke, he sounded human!!!!  Still some distortion and mechanical sounds to his voice but the majority of his voice sounded like a human's voice.  I am so excited.  Someone I can almost understand!  I made him talk while I was looking down so I could not lip read.  I understood each sentence on the second try.  Whoo hoo!!  The volume of his voice was most excellent.  :) :) :)  Of course, once my sister and Evan started talking, the robotics all came back.  But when they stopped talking and my nephew started, again, it sounded human.  I love human!

2 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

Your nephew must have felt special for being the first "human" voice! I wonder what it is...

Lucky to be the mom said...

Glorious! What an amazing discovery! Everyone's voice is so different - you've got so much ahead :)